Saturday 3 March 2012

Skirt tales and getting pregnant...

Ye hoo,what is up,people? I've been super busy the past week but all is well now. March started on a high note. Internals are over(and I fucked only two papers out of four,can you imagine?),I broke my 'no smoking' resolution again and it's time to deliver my baby(well,not literally,I'm fat anyway)! Well,technically it's a baby our very own Kanika conceived but given the super busy Graphic designer she is,has been kind enough to transfer it to me after carrying it all throughout the February!
                                                                        So,here I am,pregnant with the most over-hyped baby Blog-o-sphere has ever seen but I'm lazy and thought would feed it only once a week,a sharp contrast to the loving mom Kanika who took time out of her busy schedule to feed her EVERY FREAKIN' DAY! Babies adjust quickly and I'm hoping the baby won't consider me the worst mom ever down the years.So,ladies and gentleman,hold your breath coz' it's time to officially launch 'Memorable March'!*Drum-rolls please*
                                                                                                                           And here goes the first inspiration of the week-
                                 "True blue or too blue"
I was under huge pressure. I had to live up to Kanika's sheer perfection,I had to make it 'cheerful' under Ruhani's special request. I tried my best,thinking about it in stead of Advanced Java,E-commerce,Industrial Management and Ethics in the midst of my exams but it really is up to you all to judge.
                                                                                                                               Just in case you forgot the rules,
i)DO ANYTHING! Just be inspired. Write something,click a picture,do a photo-shoot,do an outfit post,sing a song and upload the audio,choreograph a dance piece and upload the video,enact a scene and upload the clip...do WHATEVER UNDER THE SUN it is that you wish.

ii)Mail me your blog link by 4th March,Sunday,11:59 p.m. to soumipaul07@gmail.com. I'll update your links along with my thoughts.

iii)Happy blogging,no pressure! It's not a competition. You don't have to outshine anyone. I love you all equally,no matter how profound or shallow you're.
                                                                          On a parting note,I think you deserve to see my new skirt which,according to a friend,looks like a bedspread. I love it nonetheless. It's so old school,colourful,ethnic,feel-good and comfortable that I won't trade it for the world. The white shirt was an obvious choice. I'm trying the double watch trend for the first time after seeing all my favourite fashion bloggers carry it with elan. The Kolhapuri is vintage and an absolute love! Pardon the background,I was not at my eccentric best.
                             

On a parting note,something I felt like saying to my super inspiring Verbals teacher but got tongue-tied as usual,
"I would've given you the last slab of my chocolate-molten and saliva-strained,to acknowledge my gratitude if it weren't for the sudden awkwardness between us,I hope your new students treat you equally well because you're a king and you deserve no less."

17 comments:

  1. The skirt is pretty! This is the one you bought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Kolhapuri!!
    And yes.. the weight doesn't matter..
    resolutions are meant to be broken someday..
    Challi re!!
    :P :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^Same question here! U must be kidding! And I like the addition of other options other than writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that your internals are over.
    I love your entire look from head to toe. I love the color co- ordination, all colors are going so well with white. Lovely ! You are looking fresh ( and not only because of your just washed hair ). I used to have a similar skirt when I was in college - the background doesn't matter much -you are a bright spot in the drab background .
    I have never tried those nail colors before - but now you are tempting me ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TRY THEM! I used to be a total black nail colour person till 2009 and then I turned into neon nail paints and how! I've tried almost every neon shade possible and loved them to death! And please try to participate in Memorable March,will you?

      Delete
  5. first of all, I was dreaming last night about memorable march's post. lol. and secondly I am wearing the same blue nail color for the past 3 days. yippee. and thirdly I find myself fat enough than you, you aint that fat you see -.- and maybe I wont be able to wear a skirt ever so confidently like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aqua blue nail paints five,girl!;-)
      Now that your 'dream' has come true,DO participate in memorable March,please!

      Delete
  6. Looking lovely.. And the skirt does not look like a bed-spread!! :P It looks really pretty on you!! And who is fat?? I can see no one!! :O Anyways congratulations on the launch of Memorable March.. I have a new post on my blog too. I don't know if it fits the criteria but i'd love it if you give it a look and tell me what you think! :)

    Xoxo.
    Surabhi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surabhi,I DO check your blog,though not as regularly as I'd have liked. You must have posted after I read all the updates in my dashboard last night for I don't remember any updates from your blog last night. Anyway,I'll surely check yours now and if you want to participate in Memorable March,please mail me your link by tonight. Love.

      Delete
  7. Yaaay! Cheerful blogging,it is! =D
    And and and, love the addition of options other than writing.
    And and and, I think I know just what to do for this week's topic! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mail me the link by tonight. And something special might be in store for you,the danceaholic in future too,if not by the next week. So,you've reasons to be 'cheerful'.:-)

      Delete
  8. Hey Soumi, I will participate when I find any of the theme close to my heart -and I am sure, you will come up with something like that at least once in MM !
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure,sure. I hope I'll be able to come up with something that will be good enough to inspire you. Till then,I'll keep waiting.:-)

      Delete
  9. soumi I dont know if you received my mail yet :( my net is horrible here. am sending you the link here as well
    http://sinneddarkangel.blogspot.in/2012/03/true-blue-or-too-blue.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No re,I've not received any mails from you yet. You did a good thing by posting the link over here. I'd hate to miss a participant because of mere 'technical shortcomings'.:P

      Delete
  10. lovely skirt.. congratulations on Fantabulous February, and cheers for Memorable March ... and you in final sem ? how about it ? sad or relaxed ??

    ReplyDelete